Monday, July 9, 2012

Dude where have you been?

I havent posted in over a month because I havent been inspired to write anything for at-least that long. It's been 8 weeks since I learned about my torn wrist (extensor tenosynovectomy). My surgery is scheduled for this Thursday. I am not quite sure how I obtained the surgery, but it was probably related to poor sprawl techniques during a training session. I recall doing more than 50 live opponent sprawls that day.

In any event, it has affected almost every aspect of my physical fitness, with the exception of my cardio. My cardio didnt need help from my wrist to regress, as it had the assistance of my knee, which also got strained during a move 3 weeks ago. While moving into my new place, loading and unloading, and walking up and down stairs for 18 straight hours caused my surgically repaired knee (torn acl) to swell. 3 weeks later, 80% of the swelling is gone but some of the pain remains. I should be good to go in another week.

This down time has been especially frustrating as I was looking forward to NAGA in my hometown next month. There is also a rare IBJJF tournament here in a few weeks that I will be missing.


No comments:

Post a Comment