Friday, March 9, 2012

First tournament is in the books

Well I lost my first match via an arm triangle with 30 seconds left. My hat goes off to my opponent who showed what 3 additional years of experience will do for you. I pulled guard and controlled him for about 1.5 minutes before he passed to half then eventually to side control then mount. I trapped and rolled and passed to half guard then got swept into an arm triangle.

The day before my tournament I tweaked my back on some spider throws (which had no affect on the outcome of the match) but I have taken a week off to recover. Today was my first class in exactly 1 week. We practiced bottom guard armbars.

Basically, arm drag your Publish Postopponents right arm across your body and place your left foot on their hips. Use your foot to rotate your body towards your opponent's free arm while climbing your right leg up your opponent's back. Now push your opponent's head out of the way while bringing your left leg over their head. DO NOT CROSS YOUR LEGS.  Grasp their hand with your right hand, make sure their thumb is pointed up, lift your hips, push your knees together and drive your heels into their body.

No comments:

Post a Comment