Friday, January 6, 2012

Ready to roll again- kinda

   Though the scab on my right knee has not completely healed, and I am not looking forward to a 3rd straight bloody GI, I don't think I can hold out any longer. I will probably wrap my knee tightly and head to the 11am class tomorrow. In my 2 week long BJJ absence, I have still managed 7 workouts ranging from Kickboxing, yoga, and at home functional BJJ workouts (see previous post).

   I welcome any advise to prevent continuously breaking open my knee where my surgical scar is. The skin is so thin that I fear I will beak it open every class. Luckily pretreating the GI and then washing in warm water, take out the blood stains but I would imagine some shrinkage will eventually occur. I only intended to ever wash my GIs in cold water.

    In my absence, I have also taken up an interest in  street jiu jitsu. My club mainly focuses on sport BJJ, but I would like to learn more defensive techniques that can translate to the street. To the chagrin of many traditionalists, I have began watching the Gracie Combatives series.  I have read a ton of hate posts regarding this series, focusing on the at home, blue belt earning, no rolling aspects of the DVD. I however, am not trying to earn an internet blue belt. I am merely interested in the street applications of BJJ. I have competed the first 10 lessons, and will surely post my review of the series once I have completed all 36.

No comments:

Post a Comment