Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 1

So for my first day of class, I was nervous as heck, but that all went away when I was put into my first Kimura from the closed guard. After about 10 min of warmups, and 2 wardrobe malfunctions (aparently the pants don't tie in the front), I was ready to get started.

We worked on Armbars from the mount, Kimura from the closed guard, and 3 kimura defense techniques. The last 20 min of class was dedicated to sparing, so I figured I would be sitting that out. Boy was I wrong. master Jim told me the best way to learn is to get my butt kicked, so I was tossed into the mix.






I started out using all my muscles on the top guard, trying to prevent a roll. Having little knowledge of leverage and weight distribution, I was gassed after 90 seconds.

I throughly enjoyed my first class and look forward to my next one on Thursday. I have decided to keep a training log and will also work on a freemind (thanks Tangled Triangle). Those links can be found on the right.

Armbar from the Mount
Kimura from closed guard

No comments:

Post a Comment