Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cross grip armbar from the full guard

I just received a copy of Greg Jackson's ground game (awesome book by the way) and the very first lesson was a cross grip armbar from full guard. I have only been at this BJJ thing for a few weeks, but I can't count the number of times this would have come in handy. It seems I am always on my arse these days:)

How it's done:
If you are in the closed guard, open the guard and grab your opponents triceps with your opposite hand.
Next reach across with your free hand, and place on the opposite shoulder of your opponent.
Use your opponents shoulder as leverage to pull your hips out, perpendicular to your opponent.
Now swing your legs over so that both are on the same side as your shoulder grip.
Lay back and lock in the armbar.

Anywho, here is a demo of the technique:

No comments:

Post a Comment